The ticket for young people
YoungTicketPLUS is a ticket for all young people who are still at the beginning of their professional career. With this ticket, trainees, interns, volunteers and students can enjoy mobility across the VRR network – regardless of where they work or study
For just 20 extra euros per month, the NRWupgrade ("NRW-Azubi-Ticket") is also available – which makes the YoungTicketPLUS ticket valid throughout NRW and offers even more mobility.
(Additional services such as adding accompanying travellers or bicycle transport are only valid in the VRR area – in other networks, an additional ticket is required for this. The NRWupgrade ticket can only be purchased together with the YoungTicketPLUS ticket – either directly when buying a new YoungTicketPLUS ticket or as an add-on to an existing YoungTicketPLUS ticket).
Valid throughout the VRR network
Travel throughout the VRR area (fare category D), even as far as Venlo – around the clock and as often as you like.
On weekends, public holidays and on the 24th and 31st of December, as well as on weekdays from 7 p.m. – 3 a.m. on the following day, one person of your choice can travel on the YoungTicketPLUS.
Free bicycle transport
You can always take a bicycle with you free of charge in the respective zone of validity.
If the bus or train is more than 20 minutes late, we will reimburse taxi fares up to 30 euros between 5 a.m. and 8 p.m. and up to 60 euros between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. under the mobility guarantee.
YoungTicketPLUS and NRWupgrade are available for:
- Trainees within the meaning of the Vocational Training Act
- Students at private academies and universities
- Students of an adult education centre or another institution who get their lower secondary school leaving certificate or intermediate secondary school leaving certificate there
- Interns and volunteers
- Civil servant candidates of the lower and middle civil service
- Participants in Voluntary Social Year (government-funded voluntary work program) or comparable service
And this is how you get your YoungTicketPLUS/NRWupgrade:
- At the Customer Centre: Fill in the order form, have it verified by your education institute and hand it in to our colleagues. The NRWupgrade can also be added to an existing ticket subscription. Please bring your chip card to the Customer Centre.
- By post: The completed and stamped order form can of course also be sent by post to the following address:
Rheinbahn AG, BackOffice, P.O. Box 104263, 40033 Düsseldorf.
- By email: Simply photograph or scan the order form and send it to email@example.com
YoungTicketPLUS as a monthly pass
If you don't want to buy a ticket subscription, you can also buy YoungTicketPLUS individually for every month for a certain duration of validity.
Ticket price per month
Price level D
NRWupgrade (valid throughout NRW)